The Fitting Process
Making sure the saddle really fits you and your horse is essential and our personalised fitting service will ensure your Ava saddle is just right. We will come out to you and talk through your requirements before assessing you and your horse both from the ground and when ridden. The fitting process takes about 2 hours as we want to make sure we really understand what you and your horse need before designing your bespoke saddle. Even the most difficult to fit horses can be fitted with an Ava saddle, and our team’s experience as riders, trainers and saddle fitters will guarantee your new saddle will help you achieve your riding goals.
Watch The Fitting Process Video
The fitting process involves the following steps:
- We will talk to you about your riding goals, your current saddle(s), and any problems you may have been having with your horse in order to evaluate your needs.
- Next, we will assess your horse in hand, looking at conformation and gaits and considering any previous problems.
- Then we will make a template of your horse’s back and take all the necessary measurements, ready to design and create your bespoke saddle. At this stage any specific requirements or wishes can be taken into account to ensure your saddle is exactly what you’re after.
- This is the fun bit! Now you can try out an Ava saddle to experience how they allow your horse to move freely whilst helping you maintain an effective riding position. You can try several different styles to make sure you select the Ava saddle that will be perfect for you.
- After you’ve ridden we’ll have another chat and answer any questions you may have about our saddles. Final details will be confirmed and you can decide if you want to add Swarovski crystals for that extra sparkle!
The next steps:
- We’ll take a deposit when you make your order and then your saddle should be ready for fitting within 6/7 weeks.
- Our team will deliver your saddle to you and make final adjustments to ensure the fit is perfect. This may take about an hour as we want to check both you and your horse are completely happy with the fit before leaving you to enjoy your new saddle.
- We recommend a check up between 1 and 3 months after purchase. We often find that the horse’s top line changes and develops due to the freedom of movement the Ava saddle allows, and so this check up will enable us to make small adjustments to adapt to these changes and encourage the muscle development to continue.
- Vets and physios recommend that saddle fitting should become a regular part of your horse-care routine, in much the same way as getting teeth and backs checked. We suggest a check up every 6 months. As our testimonials demonstrate, Ava saddles can lead to significant changes in your horse’s shape and one of the strengths of our range is that they can be altered easily to ensure you retain the perfect fit.
Claire is excellent at fitting and you can be confident she will get you & your horse(s) comfortable.
Jenny Stone, Lancashire
The air filled panels also allowed my horse to develop more muscle along his top line, and within a month the saddle needed altering to his changed shape. Ava Saddles made the alterations quickly by changing the amount of air in each panel.
Jenny Owst, Otley
Thanks to Claire I now have a saddle with a narrow twist to allow my hips to drop and since riding in it for only a few weeks I’m amazed that my hip hasn’t done its collapsing trick once.
Kirsty Moore, Scotland
I can’t believe the change in me and my horse. He’s more forward, very relaxed and really consistent...Can’t recommend her and her glorious saddles enough. I’ve even got a bit of bling… — feeling excited
Nicky Hudson, Lancashire
Not only is my saddle the perfect fit for my horse, my leg position and riding has improved massively!
Becky Edge, Bury, Lancashire
Never been so excited about a saddle before -it fits me & my horse perfectly.Its so comfortable to ride in & has improved the horse’s way of going.
Sara Black, North Yorkshire
The fit and comfort it provided my horse, speaks for itself, he’s never been happier or moved so well. . I can’t hold the service and product received by Claire and Ava Saddles in higher regard.
Lisa White, North Yorkshire
From the first time she had the new saddle on she looked more relaxed and moved more freely. Six months on and she is a different horse.
Judith Warr, Bradford
The saddle is great thanks Claire – Dora is going very willingly in it & you know how sensitive she can be. Love that it can grow with her & be adjusted as she’s already filling out nicely.
Jennifer Stone, Accrington, Lancashire
Boris and I love our Ava Elite dressage and Ava Elite jump saddles. I feel very secure and Boris has great freedom of movement.
Emma Holmes, Cambridge
My Ava saddle was fitted by Claire, in Spring 2016. I have not looked back since.
Alison Elliot, Paisley, Scotland
They are absolutely brilliant, I have never ridden on anything as comfortable both for me and my horses