The Fitting Process
Making sure the saddle really fits you and your horse is essential and our personalised fitting service will ensure your Ava saddle is just right. We will come out to you and talk through your requirements before assessing you and your horse both from the ground and when ridden. The fitting process takes about 2 hours as we want to make sure we really understand what you and your horse need before designing your bespoke saddle. Even the most difficult to fit horses can be fitted with an Ava saddle, and our team’s experience as riders, trainers and saddle fitters will guarantee your new saddle will help you achieve your riding goals.
Watch The Fitting Process Video
The fitting process involves the following steps:
- We will talk to you about your riding goals, your current saddle(s), and any problems you may have been having with your horse in order to evaluate your needs.
- Next, we will assess your horse in hand, looking at conformation and gaits and considering any previous problems.
- Then we will make a template of your horse’s back and take all the necessary measurements, ready to design and create your bespoke saddle. At this stage any specific requirements or wishes can be taken into account to ensure your saddle is exactly what you’re after.
- This is the fun bit! Now you can try out an Ava saddle to experience how they allow your horse to move freely whilst helping you maintain an effective riding position. You can try several different styles to make sure you select the Ava saddle that will be perfect for you.
- After you’ve ridden we’ll have another chat and answer any questions you may have about our saddles. Final details will be confirmed and you can decide if you want to add Swarovski crystals for that extra sparkle!
The next steps:
- We’ll take a deposit when you make your order and then your saddle should be ready for fitting within 6/7 weeks.
- Our team will deliver your saddle to you and make final adjustments to ensure the fit is perfect. This may take about an hour as we want to check both you and your horse are completely happy with the fit before leaving you to enjoy your new saddle.
- We recommend a check up between 1 and 3 months after purchase. We often find that the horse’s top line changes and develops due to the freedom of movement the Ava saddle allows, and so this check up will enable us to make small adjustments to adapt to these changes and encourage the muscle development to continue.
- Vets and physios recommend that saddle fitting should become a regular part of your horse-care routine, in much the same way as getting teeth and backs checked. We suggest a check up every 6 months. As our testimonials demonstrate, Ava saddles can lead to significant changes in your horse’s shape and one of the strengths of our range is that they can be altered easily to ensure you retain the perfect fit.
When Claire came out I was impressed within 10 minutes, she spent plenty of time with me & Romeo before I chose my saddle. Was so impressed I ordered a GP saddle too!!
Zoe Milton, Bolton
A year on the difference in Jake is amazing! He is now using himself more effectively ... and my physio has commented on how supple he is in his back
Joyce Greenhorn, Falkirk, Scotland
It is now possible to ride my boy knowing that he is no longer in discomfort or pain. I don’t know how I will ever be able to thank you.
Natashia Copping, Preston
Just thought I’d let you know i’m as in love with the saddle as I was the day I bought it.
Emily Owens, Wales
Love my Ava Pro Jump saddle and my horse does too she’s going so much better, thank you xx
Kelly Cherrington, West Yorkshire
My Ava saddle was fitted by Claire, in Spring 2016. I have not looked back since.
Alison Elliot, Paisley, Scotland
They are absolutely brilliant, I have never ridden on anything as comfortable both for me and my horses
Pam Harrison, Cheshire
Great saddles & an excellent knowledgeable fitter - even with big (17.3) high withered sport horses - i will never use any other saddles or fitters now and great value for money!
Seonaid MacDonald, Bath
I have struggled with saddles probably since having horses. For the first time ever since my saddle fittings for both horses (Young & Older) I feel positive about our future.
Maria Stevens, Usk
Ria (my daughter) has 3 saddles from Ava and they have transformed our ponies way of going – now hankering for a 4th #loveAva
Wendy & Ria Scott, Thirsk
After three saddle fitters all struggled to sort me out, Ava came to the rescue with an absolute perfect solution.
Joanne Mulloy, Cowling, West Yorkshire
The fitting and aftercare service was like nothing I have ever experienced before, Claire has a fantastic eye for detail and is incredibly thorough, I am 100% happy with my Ava saddles!