The Fitting Process
Making sure the saddle really fits you and your horse is essential and our personalised fitting service will ensure your Ava saddle is just right. We will come out to you and talk through your requirements before assessing you and your horse both from the ground and when ridden. The fitting process takes about 2 hours as we want to make sure we really understand what you and your horse need before designing your bespoke saddle. Even the most difficult to fit horses can be fitted with an Ava saddle, and our team’s experience as riders, trainers and saddle fitters will guarantee your new saddle will help you achieve your riding goals.
Watch The Fitting Process Video
The fitting process involves the following steps:
- We will talk to you about your riding goals, your current saddle(s), and any problems you may have been having with your horse in order to evaluate your needs.
- Next, we will assess your horse in hand, looking at conformation and gaits and considering any previous problems.
- Then we will make a template of your horse’s back and take all the necessary measurements, ready to design and create your bespoke saddle. At this stage any specific requirements or wishes can be taken into account to ensure your saddle is exactly what you’re after.
- This is the fun bit! Now you can try out an Ava saddle to experience how they allow your horse to move freely whilst helping you maintain an effective riding position. You can try several different styles to make sure you select the Ava saddle that will be perfect for you.
- After you’ve ridden we’ll have another chat and answer any questions you may have about our saddles. Final details will be confirmed and you can decide if you want to add Swarovski crystals for that extra sparkle!
The next steps:
- We’ll take a deposit when you make your order and then your saddle should be ready for fitting within 6/7 weeks.
- Our team will deliver your saddle to you and make final adjustments to ensure the fit is perfect. This may take about an hour as we want to check both you and your horse are completely happy with the fit before leaving you to enjoy your new saddle.
- We recommend a check up between 1 and 3 months after purchase. We often find that the horse’s top line changes and develops due to the freedom of movement the Ava saddle allows, and so this check up will enable us to make small adjustments to adapt to these changes and encourage the muscle development to continue.
- Vets and physios recommend that saddle fitting should become a regular part of your horse-care routine, in much the same way as getting teeth and backs checked. We suggest a check up every 6 months. As our testimonials demonstrate, Ava saddles can lead to significant changes in your horse’s shape and one of the strengths of our range is that they can be altered easily to ensure you retain the perfect fit.
Both girls have got a Saddle for life now though, definitely a worthwhile investment! Fantastic quality and great looking saddles! Thank you so much Claire Fitzmaurice! Highly recommended!
Izzy Scott, Riding Instructor, Otley
After three saddle fitters all struggled to sort me out, Ava came to the rescue with an absolute perfect solution.
Joanne Mulloy, Cowling, West Yorkshire
In May I bought a dressage saddle and I absolutely love it, so we are now a 2 Ava Saddles family and I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend them to anyone else.
Rachel Smith, Preston
Everyone needs an AVA saddle!!!!
Kirsty Morton, Aberdeen
Now in my 7th year of riding in Ava saddles, on several different horses – all expertly fitted and adjusted as necessary.
Nikki Cartwright, North Wales
Love my Ava Pro Jump saddle and my horse does too she’s going so much better, thank you xx
Kelly Cherrington, West Yorkshire
Just wanted to let you know how simply awesome the saddle is and how it has transformed our work in the school/competition/jumping!!
Nicki Owen, West Cumbria
Thank you Claire Love my new calfskin dressage saddle with crystals. My 4 year old goes so well in his Ava jump saddle so thought I would treat him.
Steph Holker, Blackburn
Fantastic, the change in my boy since changing saddles to the Ava Pro Jump saddle has been amazing.
Vicky Stabler, Cumbria
After receiving our third Ava saddle we are delighted with the results. Our young horse already seems looser and more relaxed in her paces.
Robert, Sheila & Megan Anderson, Skipton, N Yorkshire
Not only is my saddle the perfect fit for my horse, my leg position and riding has improved massively!
Becky Edge, Bury, Lancashire
Today we had Errol’s back thermal imaged. I can not thank Ava enough for our fantastic saddle. He now has 10 out of 10 for a happy back.