The Elite Dressage Saddle – allows the horse to move freely, encouraging elasticity and maximum range of movement through the shoulders and over the back. Designed with a deep seat and close contact feel, this saddle encourages the dressage rider to develop a centrally balanced position, enhancing clear and precise application of the aids through the body, seat and legs, achieving maximised performance during tests.
A deep and comfortable seat, coupled with large thigh blocks offers maximum support to achieve the ultimate dressage position with increased stability for the rider’s lower leg.
- 100% made to measure for both YOU and YOUR HORSE.
- Suitable for all; no shapes and sizes are off limits, wide to extra wide and beyond!
- Close contact feel for effective communication.
- Deep seat and supportive thigh blocks for security of the leg and seat.
- Cutting edge technology to encourage expressive paces and freedom of movement over the back and through the shoulders.
Bespoke design features:
- Handmade in England with your choice of finest English leather or luxury calfskin.
- Available in black, Havana brown or chestnut brown.
- Bespoke colour embellished cantle finish.
The Ava Saddle promise
With comfort comes maximised performance! We strive to minimise movement of the saddle by incorporating an innovative girthing system, allowing for fluidity of movement without concern for discomfort. Our wide gullets allow horses to engage their hindquarters more easily, ultimately taking the weight off the forehand to encourage balance and self-carriage. But what makes Ava saddles so special is that they’re adjustable, so we can support your horse as they develop and/or change shape. Combining maximised surface area panels with our advanced panel filling technology, we’re able to minimise pressure points and offer a bespoke comfort like no other.
Price £1850 (inc VAT) – super soft, double oiled leather.
Price £2300 (inc VAT) – luxury calfskin.
Includes FREE saddle cover and NuuMed saddle cloth
We accept credit and debit card payment
A choice of three panel fillings
- Flair® Adjustable Air System – an easily adjustable system ideal for horses likely to change shape or for those difficult to fit. Like riding on a cloud, this system allows freedom of movement with an incredible Flair® Air comfort, minimising pressure points and providing a greater feel and communication between horse and rider.
- Traditional Flocking – the use of super soft wool flock in a traditional system to create an even bearing surface.
- Foam and Felt – creates a smooth, close contact panel, available only on the Pro Jump, Pro Event and Premier Jump Saddles
Ava Saddles offer a choice of filling in their panels.
1. Foam and felt panel system (diagram A)
This foam and felt is a useful alternative to air:
- super soft, smooth panels
- never lumpy or bumpy, no uneven wear
- never needs flocking
- low profile, close contact feel
- minimal maintenance
2. Foam and Flair airbag system (diagram B)
A combination of foam and four Flair airbags has many unique benefits:
- unrivalled fitting capabilities, even the most awkward shapes
- easily adjustable when horse changes physique throughout their lifetime
- unique communication and feel through rider’s seat
- super soft, flexible panels that mould to each individual horse
- allows great range of movement through the back
- the most versatile and comfortable saddle panel available
From the first time she had the new saddle on she looked more relaxed and moved more freely. Six months on and she is a different horse.
Judith Warr, Bradford
Claire has a fantastic eye for detail and is incredibly thorough, I am 100% happy with my Ava saddles! I would recommend Ava to everyone I know.
Emma Littlewood, Leeds
The saddle is great thanks Claire – Dora is going very willingly in it & you know how sensitive she can be. Love that it can grow with her & be adjusted as she’s already filling out nicely.
Jennifer Stone, Accrington, Lancashire
My horse now moves freely in all paces and is no longer tight in his back. I have received a first class service, so will be recommending AVA to everyone.
Our Pony Sariska is moving so much more freely in every discipline.
Kirston & Eleanor Clulow, Durham
Great saddles & an excellent knowledgeable fitter - even with big (17.3) high withered sport horses - i will never use any other saddles or fitters now and great value for money!
Seonaid MacDonald, Bath
When Claire came out I was impressed within 10 minutes, she spent plenty of time with me & Romeo before I chose my saddle. Was so impressed I ordered a GP saddle too!!
Zoe Milton, Bolton
A year on the difference in Jake is amazing! He is now using himself more effectively ... and my physio has commented on how supple he is in his back
Joyce Greenhorn, Falkirk, Scotland
Both girls have got a Saddle for life now though, definitely a worthwhile investment! Fantastic quality and great looking saddles! Thank you so much Claire Fitzmaurice! Highly recommended!
Izzy Scott, Riding Instructor, Otley
Boris and I love our Ava Elite dressage and Ava Elite jump saddles. I feel very secure and Boris has great freedom of movement.
Emma Holmes, Cambridge
Ria (my daughter) has 3 saddles from Ava and they have transformed our ponies way of going – now hankering for a 4th #loveAva
Wendy & Ria Scott, Thirsk
Love our new Ava calfskin Gp Saddle with Swarovski crystals. My boy is so much happier and his way of going is superb!