The GP Saddle – constructed with a super-soft, semi-deep seat and interchangeable knee blocks, this versatile GP saddle offers the necessary support and comfort for a range of disciplines and their appropriate positions. This is a popular choice among riders wishing to create their ideal all-rounder saddle suitable for a wide variety of ridden activities, allowing maximum enjoyment and comfort across all spheres.
A true all-rounder offering support and comfort across the board, this saddle is perfect for dressage, jumping, hacking, hunting and endurance.
- 100% made to measure for both YOU and YOUR HORSE.
- Suitable for all; no shapes and sizes are off limits, wide to extra wide and beyond!
- Super-soft semi-deep seat for increased rider comfort.
- Interchangeable knee blocks for maximised use and versatility.
- Cutting edge technology to allow freedom and elasticity through the shoulders and back.
Bespoke design features:
- Handmade in England with your choice of finest English leather or luxury calfskin.
- Available in black, Havana brown or chestnut brown.
- Bespoke colour embellished cantle finish.
The Ava Saddle promise
With comfort comes maximised performance! We strive to minimise movement of the saddle by incorporating an innovative girthing system, allowing for fluidity of movement without concern for discomfort. Our wide gullets allow horses to engage their hindquarters more easily, ultimately taking the weight off the forehand to encourage balance and self-carriage. But what makes Ava saddles so special is that they’re adjustable, so we can support your horse as they develop and/or change shape. Combining maximised surface area panels with our advanced panel filling technology, we’re able to minimise pressure points and offer a bespoke comfort like no other.
Price £1850 (inc VAT) – Super soft, double oiled leather
Price £2300 (inc VAT) – Luxury calfskin
Includes FREE saddle cover and NuuMed saddle cloth
We accept credit and debit card payment
A choice of three panel fillings
- Flair® Adjustable Air System – a system that is ideal for horses who are likely to change shape or who are difficult to fit. The system allows freedom of movement at the same time as being incredibly comfortable and easy to adjust. This system also gives the rider greater feel and connection with the horse.
- Traditional Flocking – the traditional system which uses super soft wool flock and creates an even bearing surface.
- Foam and Felt – a system which is available on the Pro Jump, Pro Event and Premier Jump Saddles and creates a smooth, close contact panel.
Ava Saddles offer a choice of filling in their panels.
1. Foam and felt panel system (diagram A)
This foam and felt is a useful alternative to air:
- super soft, smooth panels
- never lumpy or bumpy, no uneven wear
- never needs flocking
- low profile, close contact feel
- minimal maintenance
2. Foam and Flair airbag system (diagram B)
A combination of foam and four Flair airbags has many unique benefits:
- unrivalled fitting capabilities, even the most awkward shapes
- easily adjustable when horse changes physique throughout their lifetime
- unique communication and feel through rider’s seat
- super soft, flexible panels that mould to each individual horse
- allows great range of movement through the back
- the most versatile and comfortable saddle panel available
When Claire came out I was impressed within 10 minutes, she spent plenty of time with me & Romeo before I chose my saddle. Was so impressed I ordered a GP saddle too!!
Zoe Milton, Bolton
In May I bought a dressage saddle and I absolutely love it, so we are now a 2 Ava Saddles family and I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend them to anyone else.
Rachel Smith, Preston
The fitting and aftercare service was like nothing I have ever experienced before, Claire has a fantastic eye for detail and is incredibly thorough, I am 100% happy with my Ava saddles!
Emma Littlewood, Leeds
Today we had Errol’s back thermal imaged. I can not thank Ava enough for our fantastic saddle. He now has 10 out of 10 for a happy back.
Catherine Marshall, Todmorden, Yorkshire
Fantastic, the change in my boy since changing saddles to the Ava Pro Jump saddle has been amazing.
Vicky Stabler, Cumbria
Never been so excited about a saddle before -it fits me & my horse perfectly.Its so comfortable to ride in & has improved the horse’s way of going.
Sara Black, North Yorkshire
After 5 saddle fitters before her, we finally we met Claire with the fabulous saddles that can be adjusted in so many ways to suit both Horse AND Rider.
Debroah Howson, Doncaster
Claire is excellent at fitting and you can be confident she will get you & your horse(s) comfortable.
Jenny Stone, Lancashire
Claire has a fantastic eye for detail and is incredibly thorough, I am 100% happy with my Ava saddles! I would recommend Ava to everyone I know.
Emma Littlewood, Leeds
Not only is my saddle the perfect fit for my horse, my leg position and riding has improved massively!
Becky Edge, Bury, Lancashire
Just wanted to let you know how simply awesome the saddle is and how it has transformed our work in the school/competition/jumping!!
Nicki Owen, West Cumbria
The air filled panels also allowed my horse to develop more muscle along his top line, and within a month the saddle needed altering to his changed shape. Ava Saddles made the alterations quickly by changing the amount of air in each panel.