The Native and Cob Saddle – designed especially for the widest horses and ponies, this saddle offers an ultra-wide fit. Well known for its stability and balanced comfort, we’re able to minimise movement of the saddle, facilitating native and wide build requirements without interfering with the horse’s free movement over the back. Offered with interchangeable knee blocks and a choice of seat depths, this saddle delivers the ultimate bespoke Native and Cob saddle design.
Designed for extra wide breeds, this saddle frees up the shoulders to encourage free and fluid paces, while providing the rider with tailored support suiting a variety of disciplines.
- 100% made to measure for both YOU and YOUR HORSE.
- Suitable for all; no shapes and sizes are off limits, wide to extra wide and beyond!
- Cut to free up and show off the shoulders to maximise and encourage expressive movement.
- Interchangeable knee blocks for tailored support and comfort, particularly whilst jumping.
- Available with a flat or semi-deep seat to accommodate demands in rider movement whilst galloping or jumping.
Bespoke design features:
- Handmade in England with your choice of finest English leather or luxury calfskin.
- Available in black, Havana brown or chestnut brown.
- Bespoke colour embellished cantle finish.
The Ava Saddle promise
With comfort comes maximised performance! We strive to minimise movement of the saddle by incorporating an innovative girthing system, allowing for fluidity of movement without concern for discomfort. Our wide gullets allow horses to engage their hindquarters more easily, ultimately taking the weight off the forehand to encourage balance and self-carriage. But what makes Ava saddles so special is that they’re adjustable, so we can support your horse as they develop and/or change shape. Combining maximised surface area panels with our advanced panel filling technology, we’re able to minimise pressure points and offer a bespoke comfort like no other.
Price £1850 (inc VAT) – Super soft, double oiled leather
Price £2300 (inc VAT) – Luxury calfskin
Includes FREE saddle cover and NuuMed saddle cloth
We accept credit and debit card payment
A choice of three panel fillings
- Flair® Adjustable Air System – a system that is ideal for horses who are likely to change shape or who are difficult to fit. The system allows freedom of movement at the same time as being incredibly comfortable and easy to adjust. This system also gives the rider greater feel and connection with the horse.
- Traditional Flocking – the traditional system which uses super soft wool flock and creates an even bearing surface.
- Foam and Felt – a system which is available on the Pro Jump, Pro Event and Premier Jump Saddles and creates a smooth, close contact panel.
Ava Saddles offer a choice of filling in their panels.
1. Foam and felt panel system (diagram A)
This foam and felt is a useful alternative to air:
- super soft, smooth panels
- never lumpy or bumpy, no uneven wear
- never needs flocking
- low profile, close contact feel
- minimal maintenance
2. Foam and Flair airbag system (diagram B)
A combination of foam and four Flair airbags has many unique benefits:
- unrivalled fitting capabilities, even the most awkward shapes
- easily adjustable when horse changes physique throughout their lifetime
- unique communication and feel through rider’s seat
- super soft, flexible panels that mould to each individual horse
- allows great range of movement through the back
- the most versatile and comfortable saddle panel available
My Ava saddle was fitted by Claire, in Spring 2016. I have not looked back since.
Alison Elliot, Paisley, Scotland
When Claire came out I was impressed within 10 minutes, she spent plenty of time with me & Romeo before I chose my saddle. Was so impressed I ordered a GP saddle too!!
Zoe Milton, Bolton
I can’t believe the change in me and my horse. He’s more forward, very relaxed and really consistent...Can’t recommend her and her glorious saddles enough. I’ve even got a bit of bling… — feeling excited
Nicky Hudson, Lancashire
Just wanted to let you know how simply awesome the saddle is and how it has transformed our work in the school/competition/jumping!!
Nicki Owen, West Cumbria
Everyone needs an AVA saddle!!!!
Kirsty Morton, Aberdeen
Claire is excellent at fitting and you can be confident she will get you & your horse(s) comfortable.
Jenny Stone, Lancashire
After the first fitting it was like she let out a big sigh of relief and has been flying ever since!! ... I have noticed massive changes in her growth and attitude within the first 4 weeks.
Tom Sexton, Yorkshire
In May I bought a dressage saddle and I absolutely love it, so we are now a 2 Ava Saddles family and I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend them to anyone else.
Rachel Smith, Preston
The saddle is great thanks Claire – Dora is going very willingly in it & you know how sensitive she can be. Love that it can grow with her & be adjusted as she’s already filling out nicely.
Jennifer Stone, Accrington, Lancashire
Great saddles & an excellent knowledgeable fitter - even with big (17.3) high withered sport horses - i will never use any other saddles or fitters now and great value for money!
Seonaid MacDonald, Bath
Finally found a saddle that fits my rather wide cob after years of slipping saddles. My only regret is that I did not find Ava saddles sooner.
Gill Auge, Wirral
Lovely hack out today in our new saddle, thanks Claire we love it.