This mono-flap design offers the rider a close-contact feel, increasing communication through the seat and appropriate application of aids, to achieve fluency and elasticity throughout a dressage test.
The Premier Dressage Saddle – designed to maximise range of movement for the dressage horse, allowing freedom through the shoulders and relaxation over the back, to encourage and accentuate natural elasticity of the paces. The deep seat, carefully sculptured thigh blocks and positioning of the saddle’s stirrup bars allows the rider to develop a correct and independent position with maximum lower leg stability, in order to absorb the movement without restriction to the horse.
- 100% made to measure for both YOU and YOUR HORSE.
- Suitable for all; no shapes and sizes are off limits, wide to extra wide and beyond!
- Close content mono-flap design.
- Deep seat and sculpted thigh blocks for increased stability.
- Cutting edge design for ultimate freedom and expressive movement.
Bespoke design features:
- Handmade in England with your choice of finest English leather or luxury calfskin.
- Available in black, Havana brown or chestnut brown.
- Bespoke colour embellished cantle finish.
The Ava Saddle promise
With comfort comes maximised performance! We strive to minimise movement of the saddle by incorporating an innovative girthing system, allowing for fluidity of movement without concern for discomfort. Our wide gullets allow horses to engage their hindquarters more easily, ultimately taking the weight off the forehand to encourage balance and self-carriage. But what makes Ava saddles so special is that they’re adjustable, so we can support your horse as they develop and/or change shape. Combining maximised surface area panels with our advanced panel filling technology, we’re able to minimise pressure points and offer a bespoke comfort like no other.
Price £2700 (inc VAT)
Balance paid on delivery
Includes FREE saddle cover and NuuMed saddle cloth
We accept credit and debit card payment
A choice of three panel fillings
- Flair® and Foam Adjustable Air System – a system that is ideal for horses who are likely to change shape or who are difficult to fit. The system allows freedom of movement at the same time as being incredibly comfortable and easy to adjust. This system also gives the rider greater feel and connection with the horse.
- Traditional Flocking – the traditional system which uses super soft wool flock and creates an even bearing surface.
- Foam and Felt – a system which is available on the Pro Jump, Pro Event and Premier Jump Saddles and creates a smooth, close contact panel.
Ava Saddles offer a choice of filling in their panels.
1. Foam and felt panel system (diagram A)
This foam and felt is a useful alternative to air:
- super soft, smooth panels
- never lumpy or bumpy, no uneven wear
- never needs flocking
- low profile, close contact feel
- minimal maintenance
2. Foam and Flair airbag system (diagram B)
A combination of foam and four Flair airbags has many unique benefits:
- unrivalled fitting capabilities, even the most awkward shapes
- easily adjustable when horse changes physique throughout their lifetime
- unique communication and feel through rider’s seat
- super soft, flexible panels that mould to each individual horse
- allows great range of movement through the back
- the most versatile and comfortable saddle panel available
In May I bought a dressage saddle and I absolutely love it, so we are now a 2 Ava Saddles family and I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend them to anyone else.
Rachel Smith, Preston
Ava saddles truly is a saddle for life for you and your horse ... Can’t recommend Ava saddles enough.
Jane Flickler, Cambridge
Lovely hack out today in our new saddle, thanks Claire we love it.
Rachel King, Darlington
They are absolutely brilliant, I have never ridden on anything as comfortable both for me and my horses
Pam Harrison, Cheshire
Claire has a fantastic eye for detail and is incredibly thorough, I am 100% happy with my Ava saddles! I would recommend Ava to everyone I know.
Emma Littlewood, Leeds
Fantastic, the change in my boy since changing saddles to the Ava Pro Jump saddle has been amazing.
Vicky Stabler, Cumbria
Finally found a saddle that fits my rather wide cob after years of slipping saddles. My only regret is that I did not find Ava saddles sooner.
Gill Auger, Wirral
Just a note to say how delighted I am with my new dressage saddle. I have been struggling to find a saddle to fit for three years and have have tried at least four different makes which have been disasters!
Tracey and Texas
Just wanted to say thank you for the marvellous difference the Ava saddles and your support have made to Zenda.
Kim Burke, Derbyshire
Never been so excited about a saddle before -it fits me & my horse perfectly.Its so comfortable to ride in & has improved the horse’s way of going.
Sara Black, North Yorkshire
Six months on I can honestly say that these saddles are worth every penny. We are all so much more comfortable!
Julie Grimshaw, Lancashire
Thanks to Claire I now have a saddle with a narrow twist to allow my hips to drop and since riding in it for only a few weeks I’m amazed that my hip hasn’t done its collapsing trick once.