Providing all round support and versatility for wider, native breeds at home, in the dressage arena, or even the show ring.
The Universal Dressage Saddle – designed to suit the wider and flatter backed horse, this saddle offers a secure feel to avoid slipping and imbalance commonly associated with wider native breeds. While providing comfort and freedom over the back, the horse is encouraged to engage the hindquarters, developing elasticity to enhance the natural way of going. A super-soft, semi-deep seat and versatile interchangeable thigh blocks supports the rider in achieving the optimum position for a variety of disciplines.
- 100% made to measure for both YOU and YOUR HORSE.
- Suitable for all; no shapes and sizes are off limits, wide to extra wide and beyond!
- Ideal for Native and Cob-type breeds.
- Super-soft semi-deep seat for increased rider comfort.
- Interchangeable thigh blocks offering versatility with tailored security.
- Unique cut design to show off the shoulder.
- Available with either short or long girth straps
- Cutting edge technology encourages expression and freedom through the shoulders and back.
Bespoke design features:
- Handmade in England with your choice of finest English leather or luxury calfskin.
- Available in black, Havana brown or chestnut brown.
- Bespoke colour embellished cantle finish.
The Ava Saddle promise
With comfort comes maximised performance! We strive to minimise movement of the saddle by incorporating an innovative girthing system, allowing for fluidity of movement without concern for discomfort. Our wide gullets allow horses to engage their hindquarters more easily, ultimately taking the weight off the forehand to encourage balance and self-carriage. But what makes Ava saddles so special is that they’re adjustable, so we can support your horse as they develop and/or change shape. Combining maximised surface area panels with our advanced panel filling technology, we’re able to minimise pressure points and offer a bespoke comfort like no other.
Price £2100 (inc VAT) – Super soft, double oiled leather.
Price £2600 (inc VAT) – Luxury calfskin.
Balance paid on delivery
Includes FREE saddle cover and NuuMed saddle cloth
We accept credit and debit card payment
A choice of three panel fillings
- Flair® and Foam Adjustable Air System – a system that is ideal for horses who are likely to change shape or who are difficult to fit. The system allows freedom of movement at the same time as being incredibly comfortable and easy to adjust. This system also gives the rider greater feel and connection with the horse.
- Traditional Flocking – the traditional system which uses super soft wool flock and creates an even bearing surface.
- Foam and Felt – a system which is available on the Pro Jump, Pro Event and Premier Jump Saddles and creates a smooth, close contact panel.
Ava Saddles offer a choice of filling in their panels.
1. Foam and felt panel system (diagram A)
This foam and felt is a useful alternative to air:
- super soft, smooth panels
- never lumpy or bumpy, no uneven wear
- never needs flocking
- low profile, close contact feel
- minimal maintenance
2. Foam and Flair airbag system (diagram B)
A combination of foam and four Flair airbags has many unique benefits:
- unrivalled fitting capabilities, even the most awkward shapes
- easily adjustable when horse changes physique throughout their lifetime
- unique communication and feel through rider’s seat
- super soft, flexible panels that mould to each individual horse
- allows great range of movement through the back
- the most versatile and comfortable saddle panel available
After receiving our third Ava saddle we are delighted with the results. Our young horse already seems looser and more relaxed in her paces.
Robert, Sheila & Megan Anderson, Skipton, N Yorkshire
Great saddles & an excellent knowledgeable fitter - even with big (17.3) high withered sport horses - i will never use any other saddles or fitters now and great value for money!
Seonaid MacDonald, Bath
The fit and comfort it provided my horse, speaks for itself, he’s never been happier or moved so well. . I can’t hold the service and product received by Claire and Ava Saddles in higher regard.
Lisa White, North Yorkshire
Claire is excellent at fitting and you can be confident she will get you & your horse(s) comfortable.
Jenny Stone, Lancashire
The air filled panels also allowed my horse to develop more muscle along his top line, and within a month the saddle needed altering to his changed shape. Ava Saddles made the alterations quickly by changing the amount of air in each panel.
Jenny Owst, Otley
The saddle is great thanks Claire – Dora is going very willingly in it & you know how sensitive she can be. Love that it can grow with her & be adjusted as she’s already filling out nicely.
Jennifer Stone, Accrington, Lancashire
Everyone needs an AVA saddle!!!!
Kirsty Morton, Aberdeen
I can’t believe the change in me and my horse. He’s more forward, very relaxed and really consistent...Can’t recommend her and her glorious saddles enough. I’ve even got a bit of bling… — feeling excited
Nicky Hudson, Lancashire
Now in my 7th year of riding in Ava saddles, on several different horses – all expertly fitted and adjusted as necessary.
Nikki Cartwright, North Wales
Can’t thank Ava enough for the help with my boy. Will never go to anyone else, or use another brand! Beyond grateful.
Sidney Churcher, Usk
Fantastic, the change in my boy since changing saddles to the Ava Pro Jump saddle has been amazing.
Vicky Stabler, Cumbria
It is now possible to ride my boy knowing that he is no longer in discomfort or pain. I don’t know how I will ever be able to thank you.